CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
...Choose you this day whom ye will serve, but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

As most of you know, Elijah is a honeymoon baby. How soon do you think that Mike and I will get pregnant, again?

I HATE SAYING GOODBYE...

JUNE 27, 2008

Mike had been gone for almost week, but had been only a few hours away (South GA).
I took Elijah and headed down to see him for a few nights before his official take-off over seas.

We got a really nice suite to stay in, but we didn't get to spend much time together, as he was over-loaded with things to do. At this point any time is better than no time.
We did, however, get a chance to take Elijah to the pool for his first swim!




We were SO excited! We bought some "little swimmers" (diapers made for the water), put on his "Tommy Hilfiger" bathing suit, and headed to the water. I guess I was expected a huge reaction... only to get nothing more than a "neutral" one. lol...
I'm not sure if Elijah was distracted by the other kids, but he didn't even act like he knew he was IN the water! Oh well... at least he LOOKED cute! ;)
OH, and at least I know he didn't HATE the water!

Obviously before we headed home, we had to face the dreaded... GOODBYE.
It broke my heart to watch Mike kiss Elijah for the last time (for a while), and to know that Elijah won't get to see or be held by his daddy.
In addition, I thought of all the things that Mike will miss Elijah do while he is gone (Thank GOODNESS for 1. Web cams 2. Video Cameras and 3. Cameras).
I know we will only be separated for a short while, but at Elijah's age, SO much changes in a short period of time.

As I drove away in tears, I knew that we were making the right decision... and although I was in emotional pain, I had peace... and still have peace. We will miss our "Mikey" dearly... and baby, we will see you soon! Be careful over there! We love and ADORE you!

0 comments: